Showing the single result
Why is Hydrocodone prescribed?
Hydrocodone or Dihydrocodeinone is an opioid-based medicine for treating traumatic pain, post-operative pain, and cancer-induced pain conditions. Studies comparing Hydrocodone vs Oxycodone have found them to provide similar analgesic effects but with fewer side effects in Hydrocodone. But before you buy Hydrocodone online, understand the drug in detail.
How should Hydrocodone be used?
Hydrocodone is available in tablet and syrup form either by itself or as a combination drug. Hydrocodone 10/325mg is the most commonly used strength, containing 10mg Hydrocodone and 325 mg Acetaminophen.
Your physician will decide on the strength and dose of Hydrocodone while considering your pain areas and intensity. The dose of Hydrocodone can vary from that of another person with the same problem. Your physician will have the final say in deciding the strength suitable for you and the duration you should use the medicine.
Other uses of Hydrocodone
Physicians usually advise Hydrocodone to manage moderate to moderately severe pain that is still in its acute stages or has just started exhibiting chronic symptoms. In addition to its pain-relieving properties, physicians use Hydrocodone and Acetaminophen in short-term pain conditions where other analgesics have not provided adequate pain relief or symptomatic comfort.
Several physicians advise Hydrocodone to suppress cough and help the patient rest and sleep without excessive cough symptoms.
What special precautions should I follow while using Hydrocodone?
- Inform the physician if you are allergic to the medication or have had previous episodes of hypersensitivity reactions to other pharmacologic agents.
- Inform your physician if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform the physician of any active gastrointestinal issues, liver problems, or kidney dysfunctions.
- If you are scheduled for an upcoming surgery while using Hydrocodone, inform the surgeon about your medicine use.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while using Hydrocodone.
What Side-effects can Hydrocodone cause?
You can develop side effects from Hydrocodone and its combinations if you are not careful.
Some of these side effects are
- Fuzzy thinking
- Abnormal mood changes
- Dry throat
- Difficulty urinating
- Decreased sexual desire
- Irregular menstruation
- Narrowing of the pupils
- Chest tightness
- Inability to attain or sustain an erection
Inform your physician if the side effects persist or increase in intensity and get urgent medical attention.
What should I know about the storage and disposal of Hydrocodone?
Store Hydrocodone in a tightly closed container, out of the reach of children and pets. Additionally, store it at room temperature, away from excess heat, while avoiding dark and damp places.
Before you buy Hydrocodone online, talk to your pharmacist about the proper storage and disposal of the medicine.
Can I overdose on Hydrocodone?
You can overdose on Hydrocodone if you are not careful with its use. Some of the overdose symptoms are
- Slowed or stopped heart rate
- Unable to respond or wake-up
- Difficulty breathing
Please discuss with your physician about using it correctly to avoid overdose-related complications.
Can I use Hydrocodone with alcohol?
It would be best not to use Hydrocodone with alcohol as both have sedative effects and can result in overdose symptoms when used together. Wait for at least 5-6 days after discontinuing Hydrocodone before consuming alcohol. Discuss with your health provider the possible drug interactions on using Hydrocodone and alcohol together to use the two safely.
How to buy Hydrocodone?
Hydrocodone is a prescription medication and is not readily available over the counter. You require a prescription to buy Hydrocodone from a pharmacy or physician’s clinic. You can even buy Hydrocodone online from farmapram websites. Before that, ensure its authenticity and online reputation so you get genuine medicine timely and safely.
What other information should I know before using Hydrocodone?
- Your health provider can advise tests to check your body’s response to Hydrocodone medicine.
- Before undergoing a lab test, inform the pharmacist about the hydrocodone use history.
- Hydrocodone may not be effective on all. Inform your physician if your symptoms don’t resolve after using Hydrocodone so they can advise alternative treatment options.
Hydrocodone is a potent medication that provides analgesic effects for moderate to severe pain. Before using the drug, please discuss the benefits and risks with your healthcare provider.