It is a brand name of diazepam. Valium is a prescription medication and medicine of the benzodiazepine family. The Benzodiazepine family is typically known for producing a calming effect. Valium is commonly used to manage a range of conditions, including alcohol withdrawal syndrome, anxiety, muscle spasm, seizures, trouble sleeping, benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome, and leg syndrome. People may buy Valium online also for memory loss during specific medical procedures. It works by affecting unbalanced chemicals in the brain in people with anxiety.
Valium is available as oral tablets in three dosages:
- 2 mg
- 5 mg and
- 10 mg.
Each tablet of Valium contains some inactive ingredients including:
- Anhydrous lactose
- Corn starch
- Pregelatinized starch and
- Calcium stearate.
Valium tablets are supplied as round, flat-faced scored tablets with V-shaped perforations and bevelled. Valium is also available in liquid form.
Dosage for treatment
Professionals should administer your dosage based on your physical, mental, and medical conditions. It is crucial to take Valium through the lowest effective dosage for the shortest period.
|Acute Alcohol Withdrawal||10 mg, 3 to 4 times during the first 24 hours, reducing to mg, 3 to 4 times|
|Anxiety||2 mg to 10 mg for 2 to 4 times (depending on the severity of symptoms)|
|Skeletal muscle spasm||2 mg to 10 mg for 3 to 4 times|
|Convulsive disorder||2 mg to 10 mg for 2 to 4 times|
|Geriatric||2 mg to 2.5 mg for 1 to 2 times|
Do not take valium if:
- You are allergic to this medication or any of the ingredients of Valium.
- Have severe breathing problems
- You have muscle weakness
- If you have a liver problem
- You have a sleep pr soblem.
Take medical consultation before using Valium, if you:
- Are pregnant, or planning to become pregnant
- Have or had mood problems, depression, and suicidal thoughts or behavior
- Have breathing problems and lung diseases
- Are breastfeeding.
How to take valium?
- You are advised to take this medication exactly as your doctor told you to take.
- You may take oral administration of this medication by mouth, with or without food.
- Do not take less or more dosage of the drug than required.
Things, you should avoid
- You are advised to avoid a driving car, bur, or any vehicle while using Valium.
- Do not take other drugs or alcohol while using Valium.
Side Effects of Using Valium
Valium may cause some severe and frequent side effects. Side effects of this medication do not occur usually but may be in some adverse conditions.
Take immediate medical help if you have any of the below-given side effects.
- Unsteady walk and shakiness
- Trembling, unsteadiness or other problems with muscle coordination
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- Black, tarry stools
- Blistering, flaking, or peeling of the skin
- Blurred vision
- Changes in patterns and rhythms of speech
- Faintness, dizziness, and lightheadedness when changing the sitting position
- Dark urine
- The decrease in the frequency of urination
- The reduction in urine volume
- Difficulty in passing urine (dribbling)
- Fast or irregular breathing
- Feeling that others are watching you or controlling your behavior
- Feeling that others can hear your thoughts
- Feeling empty or sad
- Seeing and feeling things that are not in actually
- Fast heartbeat
- Increased muscle spasms or tone
- Itching or rash
- Lack of memory of what takes place after a particular event
- Loss of appetite
- Loss of bladder control
- Loss of interest or pleasure
- Lower back or side pain
- Trouble concentrating
- Trouble sleeping
- Difficulty speaking
- Sores ulcers and white spots in the mouth
- Vomiting of blood
- Unpleasant breath odour
- Unusual behavior
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- A strange feeling of excitement
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
symptoms of overdosage
- Unusual dullness, drowsiness, fatigue, weakness or feeling of sluggishness
- Change in consciousness
- Difficult or troubled breathing
- Irregular, fast or slow, or shallow breathing
- Lack of coordination
- Loss of consciousness
- Loss of strength or energy
- Muscle pain or weakness
- Pale or blue lips, fingernails, or skin
The above-given list does not contain all the side effects of this medication. Some other side effects may also occur; take immediate medical help if you have any unwanted changes while using Valium.
How long does Valium stay in your system?
Valium has an estimated half-life of 30 to 56 minutes, which may vary due to the individual’s conditions.
Life of Valium in different body organs:
- It may detect with a saliva test for 1-10 days.
- Valium can be detected with a hair follicle test for up to 90 days.
- It can be detected with a blood test for 6-48 hours.
- Valium can be detected with a urine test for up to 1-6 weeks.